This is an all day (6 hour) workshop for up to 24 participants, taking place at our meeting place in Ameliasburg on November 16, 2019. The instructor is our President Bill Stearman. It will be a FUN, INSPIRATIONAL and INFORMATIVE day!!!
In the morning (3 hours), we will look at examples of four DD9P block variations ... Traditional, Transitioning to Modern, Modern, and Improv.
Participants will learn how to construct the block, and receive useful tips, and a full colour pattern for construction of the block.
All fabric for construction of four sample blocks, is supplied by the instructor. These sample blocks will be suitable for use as a cushion cover (15" square).
In the afternoon (3 hours), participants will continue working on the four block variations, with a particular focus on the Improv variation.
MATERIALS LIST for DD9P Variations Workshop
- a sewing machine in working order, your favorite ¼'' piecing foot and the machine’s users’ manual
- an iron and ironing pad, if ironing stations are not provided
- your usual sewing supplies, including a seam ripper, spare needles, neutral coloured thread, pins (optional)
- rotary cutter, a spare blade, assorted rulers (8, 9 or 12” square, 6” straight ruler), cutting mat
- a simple design wall
Provided by the Instructor:
- precut fabric to make single blocks, suitable to use as cushion covers, for each of the four variations
- an illustrated handout demonstrating each block variation, with detailed instructions and pointers
- a pattern for a quilt using one of the variations
There is a fee for the workshop, and a separate for the workshop kit. Please contact Lyne Lusk for more information or to register.
Post a Comment